FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ashley Simmons, 703-907-7704, email@example.com
Tech, Auto and Govt. Leaders will Join TIA for Special Event on Intelligent Transportation Networks
*** Detroit Media Advisory: Vehicle Connectivity Event on Nov. 29 ***
Day-Long Event in Detroit will Explore Investment Needs and Business Opportunities
Arlington, Va. (November 21, 2016) – On November 29 in Detroit, the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, will host a special vehicle connectivity event that will feature influential leaders from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Qualcomm, GM, Lyft, University of Michigan, Verizon Wireless, Michigan Department of Transportation, and more.
The day-long event – Delivering a Connected Transportation Network – will offer an intensive look at the connectivity that is needed to unleash the full potential of intelligent transportation. Influential leaders from across the country will examine the current regulatory, business and technological environment, and discuss network investment, business partnerships and other opportunities within the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) market. The full program is available here.
The event’s unique focus on high-tech networks is particularly important now, as the ITS industry begins to deploy advanced communication technologies that deliver services and features that enhance the consumer experience, reduce traffic congestion, improve safety, and generate data-driven revenue.
Media interested in attending the Nov. 29 event should contact Ashley Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-341-9508.
What: TIA: Delivering a Connected Transportation Network
When: November 29, 2016
Where: GM Renaissance Center, 400 Renaissance Center, Second Floor, Detroit, MI, 48243
Schedule of Key Events: November 29, 2016
9:10 a.m. – Keynote: The Future of Connectivity in Transportation From 5.9 GHz to 5G
- Ken Leonard, Director, U.S. DOT Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITSJPO)
9:30 a.m. – Panel: Autonomy at Scale: The Policy, Technology and Business of Autonomous Vehicles
- Featuring speakers from Qualcomm, Lyft, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and the Alliance for Transportation Innovation.
10:40 a.m. – Panel: Vehicle Connectivity and Automated Driving: The Role of Standards
- Featuring speakers from SAE International, John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center at the U.S. DOT, TransCore, and Squire Patton Boggs.
11:40 a.m. – Keynote: The Future of Vehicle Connectivity
- Gary Smyth, Executive Director, Global Research and Development, General Motors (GM)
12:30 p.m. – Panel: Integrating Digital Life with Mobility in a 5G World
- Featuring speakers from Crown Castle, ARM, and TIA.
1:30 p.m. – Panel: Vehicle Testbeds: Projects Update
- Featuring speakers from the Univ. of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, American Center for Mobility, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, and U.S. DOT ITSJPO.
2:30 p.m. – Panel: Bringing “Security by Design” to Life
- Featuring speakers from Japan’s National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), NXP Semiconductors, Hogan Lovells, and KEMSI.
3:30 p.m. – Panel: Big Data for Mobility: Driving Network Advancements
- Featuring speakers from the Center for Advanced Transportation Technology Laboratory at the Univ. of Maryland, Iteris Inc., Verizon Wireless, GM, and Peracchio & Company.
4:30 p.m. – Keynote: Let's Get Local: Setting the Groundwork for Mobile Communications
- Kirk T. Steudle, P.E., Director, Michigan DOT
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.