FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ashley Simmons, 703-907-7704, email@example.com
TIA Premieres New Documentary at IoT Week – The Internet of Things: Connecting it All
Arlington, Va. (September 22, 2016) – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today premiered a new documentary, “The Internet of Things: Connecting it All.” The video is the latest installment in TIA’s Network of the Future Documentary Series, and it explores the obstacles that the communications ecosystem faces as it prepares support up to 30 billion connected devices in the next few years. The 28-minute original program from TIA features interviews with executives from leading companies, including Verizon, Cisco, Telit, SAP and many others.
TIA’s new documentary can be viewed here.
“As the IoT revolution rapidly moves forward, TIA is looking closely at what’s at stake for businesses of all sizes,” said TIA CEO, Scott Belcher. “While IoT is transforming how companies operate and how people live their lives, it’s also raising important questions about the risks and rewards of so much connectivity. This documentary explores these questions with some of the smartest IoT leaders in the world. Through a series of in-depth conversations, it tackles many essential IoT issues, such as the dynamic nature of wireless networks, radical changes to product development and support, threats posed by cyberattacks, costs and savings associated with IoT projects and more.”
The new documentary addresses many of the most pressing IoT questions facing businesses. In doing so, it provides intelligent and practical guidance around identifying the immediate opportunities, leveraging the power of data analytics when not all data is valuable, the role of 5G and standards, and addressing the challenges of scale, cost, security, and the fractured nature of the IoT landscape. The documentary is produced by TIA’s video channel, TIA Now, and is being launched in conjunction with TIA’s IoT week – a series of panel discussions, presentations and other events taking place over the course of this week. Full details are available here.
Belcher continued, “With this documentary, our IoT week, and a number of other efforts, TIA is helping lead the national conversation on the future of connectivity. We intend to continue working with top companies and leading executive to explore IoT’s tremendous opportunities, along with threats and challenges that still must be addressed.”
Industry leaders featured in the IoT documentary include:
- Mark Bartolomeo, VP, IoT and Connected Solutions, Verizon
- Gee Rittenhouse, SVP, Security Business Group, Cisco
- Tony Shakib, VP, IoE Vertical Solutions Engineering, Cisco
- Nayaki Nayyar, GM and Global Head of IoT and Innovation GTM, SAP
- Alon Segal, CTO, Telit
- Fred Yentz, CEO, Telit IoT Platforms
- John Keever, CTO, Telit IoT Platforms
- Yossi Moscovitz, Chief Executive Officer of Automotive Solutions, Telit
- Brian Witten, Senior Director, IoT Security, Symantec
- Luke D’Arcy, Director, SIG FOX USA
- Travis Hall, Technology Policy Analyst, NTIA
- Bill Morelli, Director, IoT, M2M and Connectivity, IHS Research
- Andy Castonguay, Principal Analyst, Machina Research
- Kishore Ramachandran, Professor, College of Computing, Georgia Tech
- Art Swift, President, prpl Foundation
- Kaz Lawler, CTO, PakSense
- Bram Bourgeois, President and VP of Sales North America, Option Wireless
- Manish Singh, VP, Product Management, SDN and NFV, Tech Mahindra
The Internet of Things: Connecting it All documentary is sponsored by Cisco, SAP and Telit. View all seven episodes in TIA’s Network of the Future Documentary Series here.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.